Blyth Livestock Advisory Services provides expert advice for sheep and beef cattle farmers to help maximise the farm’s income by improving productivity and profitability. By offering tailor-made solutions to meet your specific needs – be they focusing on the overall financial profitability of your business, looking at the performance of the flock or herd, or integrating EID into your management to increase data awareness – we work together to find the most appropriate solution for your business.
As an independent advisor, founder Matthew Blyth works closely with clients to look at the farm enterprise holistically in a 3-step process.
1 Identifying your business objectives
The first step is getting to know you and your business by:
- Understanding current farm practices
- Discussing your short-term and long-term goals
- Planning new objectives
- Identifying new opportunities for improvements
2 Recommending the right business solution
We can now identify any gaps in your current methods and tailor the most appropriate solution for you by:
- Offering practical, achievable solutions to support your business
- Only suggesting technology that aligns with your business goals
- Agreeing on Key Performance Indicators to enable targeted monitoring of farm data
3 Smooth implementation
Change can be daunting, particularly if it involves new technology, so Matthew supports the implementation of the plans by:
- Integrating new technology with your old systems to make sure all of your data is available
- Training you in any new technology or methods
- Providing ongoing analysis and review of the data collected
- Ensuring the agreed changes are making a positive impact and are in line with the objectives and goals – so you really see the benefit of the changes we’re putting in place together.